In Case of Emergency

Solo practitioners like myself typically do not have the same resources available to respond to emergency situations on a 24/7 basis that larger practices may provide. When clients have reason to anticipate needing immediate crisis intervention support, they are advised to consider seeking treatment at a community mental health center or other agency that offers a more extended range of services for responding to emergencies.

It is my practice to monitor my phone and email messages regularly and respond to emergencies whenever possible. However this is not a service that I can guarantee on a 24/7 basis. If you have an emergency, I will respond to your contact as soon as I am able to, however in the meantime there are instructions on my answering machine and this website for how to access emergency support elsewhere (see below).

  • Dial 911 to report your emergency if it is life threatening.
  • Proceed to your local hospital emergency room.
  • Call the crisis hotline number of your community       mental health center (Strafford, NH: (603) 742-0630,   Rockingham, NH: (603) 431-6703).
  • Call your psychiatrist if you have a medication emergency.

When I am on vacation, there will be specific information available on my answering machine for how to access services in my absence.

Copyright © 2020 Michael R. Kandle, Psy.D. | All Rights Reserved